Fem Parc in Montsant Natural Park
Fem Parc is a project developed in Catalonia to promote ecotourism in some natural parks, by promoting the local economy respecting the environment. The project aims that the inhabitants living in the natural parks or their surroundings understand the positive benefits for the local economy rather than seeing only limitations in their everydays life. And wants to make them proud of their own territory, getting to know the richness of its natural and cultural heritage. In the half-long term, this project should also create new jobs and help to maintain traditional activities, products and services, by promoting them and developing activities to experience them by tourists. These are the natural parks involved:
- Parc Natural de l’Alt Pirineu
- Parc Nacional d’Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici
- Parc Natural del Cadí-Moixeró
- Parc Natural de la Zona Volcànica de la Garrotxa
- Parc Natural dels Ports
- Parc Natural de la Serra de Montsant.
Parc Natural de Montsant (click to enlarge the image)
Montsant natural park is a massive rocky mountain range of about 135 sqm, a holy mountain (mont – sant) well known in ancient times by hermits
and religious people looking for a contemplative life in true contact with nature and god. Please click here for more information and travel ideas in the Montsant Natural Park,
but in this page we will only show you the ones related to the Fem Parc project. In Montsant, the idea was to promote three main axis of the Natural Park, which are:
- Spirituality, closely linked to its thousand-year old tradition of hermits and the different chapels that can be visited, also important to mention the Carthusian monastery of Scaladei.
- Gastronomy that can be savoured by the high quality products grown and elaborated in the area, as well as the world known wines of both appellations of origin, Priorat and Montsant
- Fauna, represented by the authochtonous mediterranean turtle, with several populations in the Montsant Natural Park
Below we list the several travel ideas developed during the Fem Parc project. But if you can’t find what you are looking for, don’t hesitate to contact us. We can tailor make your Montsant experience in the Priorat.
Enjoying this trip, you are contributing 5% to conservation projects of Montsant Natural Park!
Some travel ideas of Fem Parc in Montsant natural park
Some travel ideas of Fem Parc in Els Ports natural park coming soon!