- Do you like to enjoy an interesting getaway combining astronomy, medicinals herbs and gastronomy in Montblanc?
- What do you know about the changing astronomy all around the year?
- And about the astronomy influences in the herbs, harvests,…?
- Have you ever visited the medieval village of Montblanc and its impressive walls, in Conca de Barberà?
- Finally, ready to savour the local gastronomy paired with local biodinamic herbs and vegetables?
Free arrival at Montblanc on Saturday, to stroll and discover the medieval city and its impressive walls. You can book a guided tour to the city, a wine tasting in one of the walls tower, an interesting activity about the influence of planets and stars on the vegetables,… If you are looking to do some activities during the morning on Saturday, do not hesitate to contact us, so we can tailor-make your getaway according to your needs.
On Saturday afternoon, from 19:30 to 22:30 depending on the month, starts the astronomy activity called Good night quite near to Montblanc, in the middle of nature and few sky pollution. Alexandre, from Bocafoscant astronomy association, will offer you an entertaining talk which will be different each month, according to what’s more interesting and easy to see on each season.
On Sunday morning, Joan, from Aromis, will take you to discover the traditionally used herbs and flowers in our Mediterranean cuisine, medicine, decoration,… paying attention to each detail on the path. An easy and educational activity that will also change according to the season.
And finally, on Sunday midday, you will enjoy a delicious lunch cooked with local herbs and vegetables in one of the two restaurants participating in this project.
Regarding to the accommodation on Saturday night, you can choose from a wide range of accommodations, from charming hotels, apartments or a country house. Prices may vary depending on the season, type of accommodation and number of people in the group.
- Bona nit astronomy activity, on Saturday night
- Flower, fruits, leaves and roots, the herbs activity on Sunday morning
- 1 night accommodation with breakfast (hotel, apartment or country house depending on your booking). Additional nights possible.
- Lunch paired with local herbs and vegetables in Montblanc
Additional activities that can be included in this gateway:
- Vegetables&Stars: an entairtaining activity to learn about the influence of planets, stars and the Moon in the plants and agriculture.
- Walk to the cave paintings of UNESCO heritage of Mas de Llord, in Rojals
- Guided tour to Montblanc city
- Wine tasting of Conca de Barberà DO in the wall tower of Montblanc or in another winery of the village
Prices may vary depending on the season, type of accommodation and number of people in the group. Additional nights can be added. Check the dropdown list prices. For groups on certain dates, please contact us so we can adjust the price to the size of the group.
- 5th March 2016. Astronomy activity starts at 19:30, focused on Jupiter, Orion and Andromeda. 6th March 2016.In the herbs activity, it’s now time of wild asparagus and the start of blossom of many fruity trees.
- 16th April 2016. Astronomy activity starts at 21:30, focused on Jupiter, the Moon. It also starts the Lirides shower. 17th April 2016. In the herbs activity, starts the hectic work in the vegetable garden.
- 4th June 2016. Astronomy activity starts at 22:30, focused on 3 planets, Jupiter, Saturn and Mart. 5th June 2016. In the herbs activity, we start harvesting some vegetables in the garden and collecting medicinal herbs.
- 16th July 2016. Astronomy activity starts at 22:30, focused on Saturn, the Moon and Hercules cumulus. 17th July 2016. In the herbs activity, it’s time to harvest cereals and peaches, also the flowers of lavender.
- 13th August 2016. Astronomy activity starts at 22:00, focused on Saturn and Hercules cumulus. It also takes place the peak of Perseid meteor shower. 14th August 2016. In the herbs activity, it’s the peak season to pick vegetables like peppers, aubergines,…
- 29th October 2016. Astronomy activity starts at 21:30, focused on Andromeda, the Moon and Albireo. 30th October 2016. In the herbs activity, grape harvest is over, but it’s time to harvest the saffron crocus!
- 26th November 2016. Astronomy activity starts at 19:00, focused on Venus, Andromeda and Hercules cumulus. 27th November 2016. In the herbs activity, we can pick fruits to do some jams and liquors, as well as wallnuts.