- Do you want to enjoy 3 whole days with wine and olive oil tastings, cultural visits and three cooking classes with a local chef in the afternoon?
- Ready to take part in small cooking clases with 4-15 participants depending on your wishes?
- On the private Priorat wine tour, you will get to know the fascinating and unknown Priorat, you will see the vinyeards cultivated in the rolling hills and in the sheer gravity-defying slopes of llicorella (the typical slate of Priorat), get up to the impressive village of Siurana, dive into the history around Scala Dei Carthusian monastery, the cradle of Priorat wines, and admire the architectural splendour that wine brought in to the captivating villages of the Priorat. In this tour, you will taste wines of both destinations of origin: Montsant and Priorat.
- Day 1. Arrival and pick up at the airport by our local guide. Hereafter your host welcome you with a dinner buffet after getting comfortable in your catalan masia, while your guide gives you an introduction to the area.Accommodation in l’Argentera, a perfect base in a pearl of natural surroundings, where you can relax, and enjoy the facilities with heated jacuzzi under the stars, sea and lake view. Located between the Mediterranean Sea and the Priorat wine area.
- Day 2. Priorat, the wine, the history and the landscapes. After breakfast we drive you with our chauffer and guide to Siurana, a fantastic little village with the most impressive view. You will discover the legend about the moorish queen, and after that you will go to Cornudella de Montsant, where you will taste different wines from Montsant.After the winetasting you depart for Escaladei. The monastery in Escaladei is surrounded by wineyards and in a stunning landscape, here you will visit the ruins of the most important carthusian monestary in Spain (closed on Mondays).From Escaladei we drive to Porrera. This little village is know for its authenticity. It is located in the eastern part of the Priorat and its economy is based on viticulture. Here you visit a vineyard and hear the story from winegrower about the process from harvest to the table and taste some fine wines from the popular priorat area.Lunch break, where we recommend nice restaurants. The bus is picking you up at 16.00, to drive back to the accommodatiom.Here our chef is ready to indulge you with the course of the day: Wines of the land, knowlegde of areas, its wines and their characteristics. Wine recipes and wine menus. You go through and create 4-5 delicious courses, which are enjoyed in the courtyard afterwards with the paired wines.
- Day 3. Reus, the modernistic arquitecture and the vermouth. After breakfast we drive with your chauffeur and guide to the historic and modernistic city Reus. The guide will lead you through the street Sant Joan to the city center, where you will admire the facades of the most important modernistic houses. You will also pass the central marked. You visit the commercial streets, and pay a visit to the Gaudi Center/Casa navas. You will also pass the oven “Forn Sistare”, the best baker in town, and see how Joan is making his bread, and some special varities.After this you will visit the old fabric of Vermouth, Rofes, where you get to taste there white and black vermouth, with small snacks, this is the spanish “aperitivo”.Time on your own for lunch/shopping: 12.00 – 16.00 Departure at 16.00 back to the accommodation.Back at Casa Vella del Panta, enjoy a tapas cooking class, where you have to prepare dinner. Mariona Quadrada will go through the recipes of 8-10 delicious tapas, and you create them step by step with her guidance. Afterwards there is only to enjoy the delicious tapas creations in the outside courtyard with some glass of the fine local wines.
- Day 4. From earth to plate. This day you will visit Bioiris, an organic vegetable garden in Riudecanyes, where you will learn which vegetables are on season, and hear about the process of growing organic directly from the farmer Josep Ramon.Hereafter you will visit the closeby impressive monastery of Escornalbou from the 12 century. The building surpassed several owners and uses, and in the end it was abandoned some decades. Later in the 1920thies bought and restored by the diplomat Eduard Toda as his private castle. With a privileged location on the top of the mountain Escornalbou with view of all the coast and the area.Afterwards, you will visit the museum of the fruits of the landscape in Riudecanyes. Here you will learn about the olive oil, the special varity of this region, its qualities and characteristics, and you will taste several types of olive oil to appreciate the differencies. Afterwards lunch buffet with local specialties served back at your accommmodation.The cooking class will be the tradicional Calçotada feast with the legendary sauce “romesco” in season December to April or a mediterranean vegan kitchen course with special emphasis on the good olive oil during the rest of the year. To end the class, you will learn the specialty “Menjablanc”, the traditional aromatic creme dessert from Reus.
- Day 5. Departure.
- 4 nights stay in a cosy, family-owned, newly renovated catalan masia with outdoor heated jacuzzi
- Local english speaking guide specialised in gastronomy and culture, who picks you up in the airport and accompanies you on the excursions on all the routes.
- Private minibus with chauffeur who picks you up in the airport and drives you to all the excursions of the program
- Delicious breakfast menu with local delicatessen from the area on the 4 days
- 4 dinners (3 of them created under your cooking class) accompanied by the fine wines of the area
- 1 days lunch as buffet in our masia
- 3 private food workshops, including a dossier with recipes in english
- Culinary or cultural visits, as described in the program (tastings, entry fees, gourmet gifts)
- Emergency contact number 24/24
The price does not include:
- Last day transfer
- Public transport tickets.
- Extra drinks
Special offer: 649 Euros from Monday to Friday (February, March and April 2017)