- Looking for some nature holidays and active environment conservation?
- Ready to discover the unknown Prades mountains, in Southern Catalonia?
- Do you want to participate in a refreshing and night population survey of the white-clawed crayfish?
- And go hunting the red swamp crayfish?
- Do you want to enjoy a night guided walk up to the peak of Prades Mountains?
On Thursday, the 14th: NIGHT POPULATION SURVEY OF THE WHITE-CLAWED CRAYFISH
Arrival at the Brugent Valley, at your agrotourism acccommodation. In the afternoon, enjoy a nice walk along the ancient footpaths down to the river Brugent. With the biologist Jesús, director of the conservation of the white-clawed crayfish in Prades Mountains, you will get to know how to find this endangered species and count them.
On Friday, the 15th: HUNTING THE RED SWAMP CRAYFISH.
In the morning, you will drive downstream the river Brugent to find the red swamp crayfish, the invasive exotic species that is troubling the white-clawed crayfish. As they have night habits, you will find them in the traps left the day before by the biologist Jesús. You will learn to distinguish them and discover the terrible effects that it has on the authocthonous population.
On Saturday, the 16th: NIGHT WALK UP THE PEAK OF PRADES MOUNTAINS.
In the afternoon, guided walk up to the summit of Muntanyes de Prades, called Tossal de la Baltasana, that will let you enjoy splendid views under the changing lights of the sunset. After the dinner, we will enjoy the sounds of the nocturnal nature while we walk back to the village.
On Sunday, the 17th: RELAXING IN THE BRUGENT VALLEY.
Free day to relax in the Brugent Valley and your accommodation. You can enjoy a guided visit by Teresa, the owner and cook of the accommodation, to the Aroma Park, getting to know the mediterranean herbs and their thousands-year old medicinal uses. Or/And savour an organic lunch with some of the freshly picked herbs!
Do not hesitate to contact us if you want to book this two activities.
- 2 night guided walks
- 1 night of white-clawed crayfish population survey with a local biologist
- 1 morning of red swam crayfish hunting with a local biologist
- 3 nights accomodation in agrotourism accommodation + delicious breakfast with local products (double room sharing)
Additional services that could be included:
- Guided visit to the Aroma Park of the accommodation
- Lunch with organic products and freshly picked herbs
We will donate 5% of the price to the conservation projects of the CEN Association
Secure payments by Paypal available. In case of cancellation of tour/travel services due to any unavoidable reasons we must be informed in writing (email). Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive the email and would be as follows:
- Cancellation 14 to 8 days prior to arrival – 15% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 7 days to 48 hours, prior to arrival – 25% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 48 hours before or no show – NO REFUND.
Of course, it can be tailor-made for groups, do not hesitate to contact us!