- Looking for some nature holidays and active environment conservation?
- Ready to discover the unknown Prades mountains, in Southern Catalonia?
- Do you want to go hunting the red swamp crayfish?
Night party hunting the red swamp crayfish
Day 1: Arrival at the Brugent Valley, at your agrotourism acccommodation. In the evening, you will go to hunt the red swamp crayfish in the Glorieta Valley, the invasive exotic species that is troubling the white-clawed crayfish. The local biologist Jesús, working hard in several projects trying to eradicate this species from our rivers, will be your expert guide and will also introduce you into Prades mountain range.
There is also the option to go hunting the red swamp crayfish on the next morning. As they have night habits, you will find them in the traps left the day before by the biologist Jesús. You will learn to distinguish them and discover the terrible effects that it has on the authocthonous population.
Day 2: Free day to relax in the Brugent Valley and your accommodation. You can enjoy a guided visit by Teresa, the owner and cook of the accommodation, to the Aroma Park, getting to know the mediterranean herbs and their thousands-year old medicinal uses. Or/And savour an organic lunch with some of the freshly picked herbs!
- 1 night (or morning) guided walk hunting the red swamp crayfish with a local biologist
- 1 night accomodation in agrotourism accommodation + delicious breakfast with local products (double room sharing)
Additional services that could be included:
- Guided visit to the Aroma Park of the accommodation
- Lunch with organic products and freshly picked herbs
We will donate 5% of the price to the conservation projects of the CEN Association
Secure payments by Paypal available. In case of cancellation of tour/travel services due to any unavoidable reasons we must be informed in writing (email). Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive the email and would be as follows:
- Cancellation 14 to 8 days prior to arrival – 15% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 7 days to 48 hours, prior to arrival – 25% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 48 hours before or no show – NO REFUND.
Of course, it can be tailor-made for groups, do not hesitate to contact us!