- Are you staying in Barcelona and want to enjoy a nice day out into the unknown amazing region of the Priorat, with wines famous worldwide?
- Do you want to taste wines from both appellations of origin, DOQ Priorat and DO Montsant?
- What about a unique organic olive oil tasting of several varieties and blendings, paired with local products?
- Do you want to forget about driving, be more sustainable taking the train and enjoy a private tour guided by a local?
Wine tourism day in Priorat. Private tour from Barcelona.(also available from other cities)
The Priorat is a region with ancient wine tradition, with wines already famous from as far back as the XIIth Century, well known for its powerful flavour and taste. Nowadays, in the Priorat there are two appellations of origin (DO), the qualified DOQ Priorat, which is formed by the Historic Priorat territory, and the DO Montsant, a newer DO, however, producing surprisingly good wines.
The Priorat area, with it diverse but unknown wine landscape, is full of hidden and unexpected spots of great beauty, walks between vineyards which pleasure us with an ever changing scenery over the four seasons, full of colours and intensive aromas.
With this private tour, you will be able to “taste the Priorat wine region” in one day, enjoying its powerful landscape and savouring both appellations of origin of wine. Recently, we have also added to the tour a tasting of organic olive oil by a local producer, and paired with local products. A unique experience to savour real high quality olive oil!Itinerary which combines a train trip from Barcelona or any other village with train connection to Marçà-Falset with a prived guided tour. Private tour with taxi picking you up in your hotel also possible. Do not hesitate to contact us for a tailor-made quotation.
- Pick up at the Marçà-Falset train station by a local guide (private pick up from your hotel also possible, contact us for further information)
- Guided tour by car/minivan during the whole day (group up to 8 people)
- Stop at a viewpoint to enjoy the great views over the Priorat region and its history
- Guided visit + wine tasting of the appellation of origin Montsant, in a traditional winery
- Guided visit + wine tasting of the qualified appellation of origin Priorat, in a historical winery
- Tasting of organic olive oil paired with local products by its producer, which makes a delicious lunch (when this is not possible, lunch in a local restaurant is included)
- Insurances (civil responsability, accidents, and basic travel insurances included)
The price doesn’t include the train tickets, the visit to the Carthusian monastery (closed on Mondays, can be included depending on the available time left) and anything else not indicated above.
- 235€/person for 1 person
- 140€/person for a group of 2 to 3 people
- 130€/person for a group of 4 to 5 people
- 105€/person for a group of 6 to 8 people
Secure payments by Paypal available. In case of cancellation of tour/travel services due to any unavoidable reasons we must be informed in writing (email). Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive the email and would be as follows:
- Cancellation 14 to 8 days prior to arrival – 15% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 7 days to 48 hours, prior to arrival – 25% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 48 hours before or no show – NO REFUND.
Of course, it can be tailor-made for groups, do not hesitate to contact us!