- Are you ready to travel in time and discover the landscape inhabitated by the ilercavones, the iberian tribe that lived in the south of Catalonia?
- Do you dare to get into the history visiting two old archaeological sites guided by a local archeologist?
- Do you want to savour delicious wines and olive oil, made following the ancient traditions?
- Do you want to enjoy an iberian lunch, with handcrafted iberian cutlery created specially for you?
- Do you want to take part in a workshop with local craftsmen, letting your imagination fly and keeping with you your piece of art?
Day 1: IBERIAN ART, ARCHEOLOGY AND OLIVE OIL
Arrival at Terra Alta region. Welcome by the local archeologist, that will show you two of the most important iberian sites, located in Gandesa and Calaceit. In the afternoon, you will take part in a workshop with one of the local craftsmen, involved in the project #3TerritoriesArt. Let your imagination fly, and keep with you the piece of art you created!
The day finishes with a guided visit to a traditional olive oil mill, savouring one of the most apreciated gods of the ilercavones, the oil.
Stay overnight in Calaceit, village located in Matarranya region, and with a impressive historical center.
Day 2: IBERIAN WINE AND FOOD.
You will get to know the wine Ilercavònia (white grenache) in Batea, by its winemaker. Get to know its secrets and enjoy a delicious wine tasting of Terra Alta apellation of origin. Get the most of the day having a traditional iberian lunch at the local restaurant, savouring the diferent dishes with a handcrafted cutlery specially created. You will be able to take it with you as your iberian souvenir.
- Guided visit to iberian archeological sites in Gandesa and Calaceit by a local archeologist
- Guided visit to a winery + wine tasting
- Guided visit to an olive oil mill + wine tasting
- Workshop with a local craftsman (several possibilities available)
- Iberian lunch at Batea, with a handcrafted cutlery specially created, that will be your Iberian souvenir
- 1 night accomodation en rural house + delicious salty&sweet breakfast with local products
We can also provide the transfer service from your hotel or airport by taxi, minivan or bus, do not hesitate to contact us.
- 145€/person for a group of 2 people
- 130€/person for a group of 4 people
- 125€/person for a group of 6 people
Secure payments by Paypal available. In case of cancellation of tour/travel services due to any unavoidable reasons we must be informed in writing (email). Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive the email and would be as follows:
- Cancellation 14 to 8 days prior to arrival – 15% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 7 days to 48 hours, prior to arrival – 25% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 48 hours before or no show – NO REFUND.
Of course, it can be tailor-made for groups, do not hesitate to contact us!