- Looking for an unknown spot to enjoy a stunning landscape, the high quality Priorat wines and a delicious local gastronomy?
- Interested in tasting and comparing the two appellations of origin (DO) of this small wine region, DOQ Priorat and DO Montsant?
- Have you ever tasted organic olive oil with a local producer?
- Ready to savour the local gastronomy in an awarded restaurant?
- Enjoy the spectacle of the massive rocky walls of Montsant Natural Park, the sacred mountain!
Savour Montsant, in Priorat wine region
Day 1: Arrival at Priorat to visit the cooperative of Cornudella de Montsant, getting to know the appellation of origin Montsant, tasting the wines paired with local products. Feel the history of Priorat condensed in the red wines with a powerful soul surrounded by the architecture of the cooperative.
After the wine tasting, on your way to the restaurant, you can visit the Carthusian monastery of Scaladei, considered the craddle of Priorat. By midday, it’s time for lunch in the local restaurant of Poboleda, directed by the awarded chef Peter Truyts. Enjoy a explosion of flavours and textures in his restaurant.
Contemplate the sunset among the vineyards savouring organic wines of a family winery in Poboleda, the best way of finishing the day and “tasting” the region.
Day 2: It’s time to “dip yourself” in the unknown but full of flavours world of the high quality olive oil, enjoying a 4×4 trip with the family growing organic olives trees grooves. Get to know the different varieties and savour an unusual and unique olive oil tasting. Like with wine varieties, discover the different flavours of several varities by themselves and the fantasting blendings for everyday’s meals. An unforgetable tasting with a pairing of local products among the olive trees, the best way to end your stay in our region.
Additional activities that can be done in the area (don’t hesitate to contact us for further information):
- Walk up to Montsant Natural Park, half day or whole day
- Walk from village to village following the ancient wine trails
- Visit of the Carthusian monastery of Scaladei
- Welcome by a local guide in the guided version (includes two guided days) or sending of detailed planning information in the self-guided version
- 1 night accommodation including breakfast in rural hotel or rural house
- 1 wine tasting of organic wines of DOQ Priorat among vineyards
- Lunch in the top restaurant in Poboleda
- 4×4 visit to the olives groves and olive oil tasting with local products
- 185€/person for a group of 2 people, in a rural hotel
- 175/person for a group of 2 people, in a rural house
With a local guide
- 235€/person for a group from 6 people, in a rural hotel
- 225€/person for a group from 6 people, in a rural house
Of course, it can be tailor-made for bigger groups, do not hesitate to contact us!
Secure payments by Paypal available. In case of cancellation of tour/travel services due to any unavoidable reasons we must be informed in writing (email). Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive the email and would be as follows:
- Cancellation 14 to 8 days prior to arrival – 15% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 7 days to 48 hours, prior to arrival – 25% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 48 hours before or no show – NO REFUND.