- Needing a break from everyday’s busy life, to relax your soul close to nature?
- Do you know that Montsant, the sacred mountain, has atracted over the centuries people seeking their own spirituality
- Ready to feel the Priorat essence enjoying a wine tasting in the Carthusian monastery, in the peaceful cloister?
- Have you ever tasted organic olive oil, the different varieties and blendings, with a local producer?
- Do you want to walk in the magic canyon of Fraguerau, to the only chapel accessible just on foot?
Relax and savour Montsant, the sacred mountain
Day 1: Dramatised visit to La Pietat, a building belonging to the Carthusians monks very close to the monastery. A different and fun way to discover the history of Priorat closely linked to the Carthusian monastery, which created the wine landscape we can enjoy nowadays.
Afterwards, you will walk down to the monastery, to enjoy an exclusive wine tasting of DOQ Priorat in the Carthusian monastery. A unique experience that will let you taste the wines in a mystic and special atmosphere. Free midday to enjoy this small village of Scaladei.
In the afternoon, you will visit the old olive oil mill of Scaladei, savouring an unusual organic olive oil tasting paired with local products. A great oportunity to discover the “olive oil world” in Montsant by a local producer, strongly committed to restore old fields respecting nature.
Day 2: Walk to the impressive Fraguerau rocky canyon, by the river Montsant and to the chapel St Bartomeu. Only accessible on foot, this chapel is located in a hidden spot of great beauty. You will be able to able to enjoy nature surrounded by the funny walls of this rocky canyon, suggesting you magic creatures. An easy half day walk that can be paired with a traditional lunch in one of the local restaurants.
Additional activities that can be done in the area (don’t hesitate to contact us for further information):
- Walk up to Montsant Natural Park, half day or whole day
- Enjoy a wine tasting of Montsant appellation of origin
- Welcome by a local guide
- Detailed planning information in the self-guided version
- 1 night accommodation including breakfast in rural hotel or rural house
- 1 exclusive wine tasting of DOQ Priorat, in the Carthusian monastery
- Dramatised visit to La Pietat
- Self-guided or guided walk in the Fraguerau canyon
- Olive oil tasting with local products
- 175€/person for a group of 2 people, in a rural hotel
- 165€/person for a group of 2 people, in a rural house
With a local guide
- 149€/person for a group from 6 people, in a rural hotel
- 139€/person for a group from 6 people, in a rural house
Of course, it can be tailor-made for bigger groups, do not hesitate to contact us!
Secure payments by Paypal available. In case of cancellation of tour/travel services due to any unavoidable reasons we must be informed in writing (email). Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive the email and would be as follows:
- Cancellation 14 to 8 days prior to arrival – 15% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 7 days to 48 hours, prior to arrival – 25% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 48 hours before or no show – NO REFUND.