- Are you ready to discover the most hidden spots of the Pyrenees guided by a local biologist?
- Do you dare to walk along the ancient cathars footpaths, visiting the old villages?
- Ready to learn a bit the thousand-year old knowledge of the medicinal plants?
- Do you want to enjoy the impressive Romanesque churches of the Boí Valley, World Heritage by the UNESCO?
- Do you want to savour delicious local food and stay in a family hotel?
On Friday: HEALING HERBS AND TURPENTINE TRADITION IN BOÍ VALLEY
Arrival at Boí Valley. On the afternoon, welcome by the local biologist guide and easy tour based in the old turpentine tradition of the Pyrenees. These wise women called “trementinaires” in Catalan had a deep knowledge on the medicinal herbs of the Pyrenees. Guided by the local biologist you will get to know some of this species, their usage,… and you will be even able to taste them yourselves! You will visit a medicinal herbs garden and enjoy a little herbal workshop, creating your own potions.
On Saturday: MEDICINAL HERBS IN THE ROMANESQUE SITE OF TAÜLL.
Free morning. You can enjoy an easy walk and activity, also suitable for the little children, getting to know the traditional herbs located in the Taüll Romanesque spot. Do not hesitate to contact us and book this activity if your children are interested!
In the afternoon, guided walk along the ancient dry stone footpath to the pioneer project of arnica and other high altitude species cultive in Taüll. Following the ancient tradition in the valley, a woman has founded TaüllOrgànics, a local business elaborating cosmetics and herbal products from their crops in the Pyrenees mountains.
On Sunday: AMAZING FLORA IN THE HIDDEN RIQÜERNA VALLEY.
Whole day walk in this hidden treasure of the Pyrenees, with an important richness in alpine flora species, butterflies and birds of prey. Your specialist guide will make the most of it, showing you the diferent species, hidden spots and introducing you to the legends and history of this enigmatic valley.
On Monday: THE ROMANESQUE ART OF CARDET ON FOOT.
Your guide will lead you by the old medieval footpaths to the protected area of Salencar de Barruera, a small wetland in the Pyrenees. You will also visit the smallest chapel of the UNESCO Romanesque heritage of Boí.
On Tuesday: ROMANESQUE ON FOOT IN THE BOÍ VALLEY.
On your last day, you will get to know the enigmas hidden in the ancient Romanesque paintings visiting Sant Climent chapel and its paintings reacreation and the Romanesque Center, following again the old cobbled footpaths that linked the villages.
- 5 guided dies by a local biologist
- Medicinal herbs workshop
- Entrance at the Arnica garden
- Entrances at the Romanesque Center and Sant Climent chapel
- 4 nights accomodation in rural hotel+ delicious breakfast with local products (double room sharing)
- 245€/person in July and September
- 265€/person in August
Secure payments by Paypal available. In case of cancellation of tour/travel services due to any unavoidable reasons we must be informed in writing (email). Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive the email and would be as follows:
- Cancellation 14 to 8 days prior to arrival – 15% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 7 days to 48 hours, prior to arrival – 25% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 48 hours before or no show – NO REFUND.
Of course, it can be tailor-made for groups, do not hesitate to contact us!