- Ready for the experience of watching a “fire snake” coming down the mountain?
- Have you ever heard of the ancient tradition of fire and “falles” in summer solstice in the Boí Valley?
- Do you want to discover the beautiful alpine flora in the right moment, the summer blooming, by a local biologist guide?
- Have you ever visited the UNESCO heritage site of Romanesque chapels in Boí Valley?
- Do you want to stay in one of the rural houses of this hidden valley in the Pyrenees?
Falles, the summer solstice fire festivity & Flowers in Boí Valley (Pyrenees)
Day 1: Arrival at the Boí Valley, staying in a welcoming rural appartment in the Boí Valley, fully equipped with kitchen and home menage.
Day 2: Discovery of the alpine flora by a local biologist, enjoying the blooming in the stunning landscape of the Pyrenees and getting to know the medicinal properties and legends of some of these herbs. Savour the gastronomy of this valley with the picnic provided by the guide, with local products and wine.
In the evening, enjoy the fire festivity of “Les Falles”, where the young people of the villages descend with their torches in fire from the “faro” to the main square in the village. An ancient tradition, dated back to XIth Century, that joined military and communication needs with the magic of the summer solstice.
Stay in the rural appartment.
Day 3: Free day to enjoy the Romanesque chapels, the recreation of the paintings in Sant Climent, and to discover some of the enigmas hidden in the paintings and in the history of this valley. It is included in the price the entrance ticket to all the chapels.
- Welcome by a local guide
- Guided botany walk by a local biologist
- Picnic. It includes: bread with traditional flours, sheep and goat cheese, xolís (traditional dry sausage), apples and the wine of the Romanesque.
- Ticket to visit the UNESCO Romanesque chapels
- 2 nights accommodation in rural appartment
- 120€/person for a group of 2 people
- 100€/person for a group of 4 people
Of course, it can be tailor-made according to your needs, do not hesitate to contact us!
Secure payments by Paypal available. In case of cancellation of tour/travel services due to any unavoidable reasons we must be informed in writing (email). Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive the email and would be as follows:
- Cancellation 14 to 8 days prior to arrival – 15% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 7 days to 48 hours, prior to arrival – 25% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 48 hours before or no show – NO REFUND.
“La baixada de Falles” (descend of the fire torches) take place in the following days and villages:
- 18th of June 2016, in Durro
- 23th of June 2016, in Boí
- 25th of June 2016, in Senet
- 2nd of July 2016, in Barruera
- 8th of July 2016, in Erill la Vall
- 15th of July 2016, in Taüll
- 23rd of July 2016, in Llesp