- This walking holidays Trek&Wine will give us the pleasure to walk along the ancient bridle paths of the Priorat and to discover its wines, wines that have fascinated the entire world.
- During 6 days, we will get to know the fascinating and unknown Priorat, we will see the vinyeards cultivated in the rolling hills and in the sheer gravity-defying slopes of llicorella (the typical slate of Priorat), get into the history of the Scala Dei Carthusian monastery, the cradle of Priorat wines, walk up to theMontsant Natural Park, to its hidden nature treasures and wide views over the Priorat, conquer the legendary Siurana, the last muslim bastion of Catalonia, enjoy the cool river banks of Siurana, and we will admire the architectural splendour that wine brought in to the captivating villages of the Priorat.
- And, of course, we will taste the excellent Priorat wines with the wine makers,that will open the doors to their wineries.
Day 1: Arrival by train
Arrival at Falset by train. The train station is about 15 minutes walking from the village, but there is a local bus transfer that connects both. They will be waiting you at a historic hotel in Falset, a 90 year-old tradition accommodation that has been fully refurnished and adaptaded at nowadays needs.We can also book you a private transfer from the Barcelona or Reus airport, from your previous hotel,… Do not hesitate to contact us!
Day 2: Walking among vineyards in Priorat
You start from Falset, the capital of the Priorat, located in one of the few flat spots of the region, but soon you will get to know the rolling hills of the Priorat. On your walk you will discover the ancient bridle paths that linked Falset with Gratallops, a village located deep in the heart of Priorat and well known for centuries for its excellent wines. This will be your first stop, having time to savour the delicious wines of the DOQ (Apellation) of Priorat elaborated by the small family cellars.
Day 3: Deep into Carthusian lands
You leave Gratallops following the hilly relief of llicorella, the doubtless star of the wines of the DOQ of Priorat, until you reach the Scala Dei Carthusian monastery. In Scala Dei you will stop to taste and experience the wines that are still being elaborated following the carthusian monks tradition, and you will visit their Carthusian monastery. Finally you will walk up to the Morera de Montsant, a welcoming small village located at the foothills of the fascinating massive cliffs of the Montsant Natural Park.
Day 4: Walking up to Montsant, the mystic mountain
You start the day determined to walk through the insuperable massive walls of Montsant, following the ancient paths and graus that our ancestors wisely built using the cracks of the limestone rock. Walking up to the Serra Major of Montsant will charm you, as it did to several hermits that looked for spiritual retreat. After enjoying the holy mountain, you will walk downhill to Cornudella de Montsant, a good oportunity to taste the wines of the DO (Apellation) of Montsant. From Cornudella, following the ancient bridle path, you head to conquer Siurana, the last muslim bastion of Catalonia located in an strategic position on top of this cliff included in the nature reserve of Muntanyes de Prades.
Day 5: By the river Siurana
After the mandatory visit to the beautiful village of Siurana, you will follow the cliff over the Siurana Valley down to the river, a great place to cool off. Surrounded by a landscape that pass on us the hectic work of the land and vineyards during centuries you will get to Poboleda, where you can taste even organic wines.
Day 6: Deep into the heart of the Priorat
Poboleda, Torroja and Porrera, these are the villages that you will visit today, captivating hamlets with amazing and majestic houses, that remind you the great splendour wine brought in. The winding bridle paths that linked those villages show you the tough work of growing and harvesting grapes in this soil, which at the same time give unique intense and mineral flavors to the wine, like the ones you will taste in Porrera, at the end of the journey.
Day 7: Back to Falset
You leave the Porrera Valley on your way back to Falset, crowned by the old castle that nowdays houses the Wine Interpretation Centre of the Priorat. You finish your holidays completely imbued with the landscape, the aromas and flavors of this land. You can spend the afternoon visiting the local shops and maybe getting some tasty souvenirs!
Day 8: Departure by train
Use the local bus to get to the train station, leaving this small wine country but keeping with you the great travel experience that you have lived here.
- Welcome by the local guide the first walking day, at breakfast time in the accommodation
- Local guide during the whole week (6 days)
- 3 nights half board
- 4 nights accommodation + breakfast with local products
- 5 wine tastings and guided visits to cellars
- Insurances (civil responsability, accidents, and basic travel insurances included)
- Cancellation 14 to 8 days prior to arrival – 15% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 7 days to 48 hours, prior to arrival – 25% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 48 hours before or no show – NO REFUND.