- Enjoy and savour Mediterranean cuisine with traditional meals elaborated with locally grown products. Different tasting/sampling menus in each rural accommodation.
- Get to know the different aromatic Mediterranean herbs and its different thousand-year-old uses with a guided visit to the Aroma Park located in one of the accommodations.
- Walk along the ancient bridle paths through the Prades mountains nature reserve, inhabited since the ancient times and with fascinating unspoilt hidden spots.
- Combine full days walks with relaxing strolls around the great landscape near the accommodations and in the medieval village of Montblanc.
Day 1: Arrival by train
Arrival at Vilaverd rural hotel by train. We can also book you a private transfer from the Barcelona or Reus airport, from your previous hotel,… Do not hesitate to contact us!Half board included + picnic lunch for the following day
Day 2: Walking to the Prades mountain range
Full day walk deep into the heart of the Prades mountain range, through ancient bridle paths and visiting historical spots, with thousands-year old cave paintings. A fascinating walk uphill with panoramic views and hidden spots of great beauty, where we will hardly encounter any walker. Staying in a rural house accommodation.Half board included + great lunch at the accommodation for the following day
Day 3: Enjoying the views over the Brugent Valley
Relaxing day with a gentle guided walk in the surroundings of the rural accommodation, to the small village of Rojals, a great opportunity to enjoy great views over the Brugent Valley at a slow pace.Half board included + picnic lunch for the following day
Day 4: Deep into Prades mountains
Full day walk to the next accommodation visiting the abandoned village of Cogullons and the emblematic summit of Mola d’Estats, with great views and a good place to find flowering orchids during May-June. Following ancient bridle paths we will visit the magic spot of Mateu spring, with an unexpected small forest of yews and holly trees of captivating darkness and a hidden ice well (one of the most important activities in these mountains). Finally, on our way to the accommodation we will visit the small medieval village of Farena, located at the river bank.Half board included + great lunch at the accommodation for the following day + traditional herbs workshop
Day 5: The Mediterranean aromas
Relaxing day in the accommodation, with a gentle stroll in the surroundings and a guided visit and small workshop in the Aroma Park, getting to know the thousands-year old tradition uses of the Mediterranean herbs. With the fresh herbs that we will just have gathered, we will enjoy a delightful lunch.Half board included + picnic lunch for the following day
Day 6: Deep into the Brugent river
Full day walk back to the first accommodation, enjoying a nice walk to the crystal clean waters of the Brugent river, with its refreshing water and vegetation. This was the second most important basin producing paper in Catalonia during the 18th and 19th century, a history that we will get to know visiting one of the paper mills nowadays in ruins. We will later enter in the typical dry Mediterranean vegetation, which will offer us its powerful aromas while we walk by the small hamlet of El Pinetell and down to Vilaverd.Half board included
Day 7: The romantic and medieval village of Montblanc
Relaxing day and a great opportunity to visit Montblanc, following the old path or using the train service that connects Vilaverd with Montblanc, a beautiful medieval village worth a visit and where we highly recommend to visit the winery Mas Foraster and taste the surprising wine made of the autochthonous wine variety called “trepat”.Half board included
Day 8: Departure by train
Departure from the accommodation by train. Of course, we can also book you a private transfer to the Barcelona or Reus airport, to another hotel,… Do not hesitate to contact us!
- Welcome by the local guide the first walking day, at breakfast time in the accommodation
- Local guide during the whole week (6 days)
- 3 nights half board + picnic
- 2 nights half board + delicious lunch at the accommodations
- 2 nights half board
- 1 guided visit and small workshop at the Aroma Park
- Insurances (civil responsability, accidents, and basic travel insurances included)
We can also provide the transfer service from your hotel or airport by taxi, minivan or bus, do not hesitate to contact us.
Maximum group of 10 people, as one accommodation has only 5 rooms.
Secure payments by Redsys gateway powered by our bank. In case of cancellation of tour/travel services due to any unavoidable reasons we must be informed in writing (email). Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive the email and would be as follows:
- Cancellation 14 to 8 days prior to arrival – 15% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 7 days to 48 hours, prior to arrival – 25% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 48 hours before or no show – NO REFUND.