- Do you want to discover Els Ports, the southern Pyrenees, with a local guide?
- Do you want to stay in a welcoming family accommodation in the nice village of Horta de Sant Joan?
- Do you want to enjoy a delicious tasting of organic wines with great views in the trenches of the civil war?
- Do you want to know the brutal impact of the Ebre Battle in the village of Corbera, guided by a local historian?
Day 1: WALK ALONG THE ESTRETS CANYON AND MEET THE VULTURES, WILD GOATS, MEDITERRANEAN FOREST,…
Enjoy a nice walking day in Els Ports Natural Park, a stunning and unspoilt nature reserve in southern Catalonia. You will get to know how was the life in a country house in this mountain range by our guide, granddaughter of one of their inhabitants. Walking by the side of the river Estrets you will get into an impressive rocky canyon, home to vultures, wild goats, otters,… and easy hike to discover this mountain range. A landscape that captivated the famous painter Pablo Picasso, who stayed in a cave in the mountains several months. Visiting this cave you will discover how this place had a strong influence in his art; as he said “Everything that I’ve learned, I’ve learned in Horta de Sant Joan“.
There is also the possibility to visit the 2000 year old olive tree called Lo Parot, the oldest in Catalonia.
Stay in a welcoming hotel run by the local shepherd, a place well known by its delicious food and warm family.Additional night also available, contact us for a tailor-made holiday.
Day 2: A HISTORICAL DAY IN CORBERA. Guided visit with local historian and tasting of organic wines in the trenches.
Live a cultural morning in the village of Corbera, guided by a local historian that will introduce you to the Ebre civil war and its wild bombing to Corbera. You will visit the center of 115 days of Ebre battle and the old village that stands in the hill, showing the impact of the war in every wall. The morning will finish with a visit to the 402 level, with great views over the are. The trenches have been cleaned and will be the scene where the delicious tasting of organic wines will take place.In case of bad weather, the wine tasting will take place inside the old church of the village.
- A whole day guided walk in Els Ports Natural Park
- A half-day guided with local historian and winemaker of organic winery + tasting of organic wines
- One night accommodation (double room sharing) + breakfast with local products
- Insurances (civil responsability, accidents, and basic travel insurances included)
We can also provide the transfer service from your hotel or airport by taxi, minivan or bus, do not hesitate to contact us.
- 225€/person for a group of 2 people
- 130€/person for a group of 4 people
- 110€/person for a group of 6 people
- 99€/person for a group of 8 people
Secure payments by Paypal available. In case of cancellation of tour/travel services due to any unavoidable reasons we must be informed in writing (email). Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive the email and would be as follows:
- Cancellation 14 to 8 days prior to arrival – 15% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 7 days to 48 hours, prior to arrival – 25% of the tour/service cost.
- Cancellation 48 hours before or no show – NO REFUND.
Of course, it can be tailor-made for groups, do not hesitate to contact us!